(...and also does other stuff, most of which relates to gaming.)

Friday 7 October 2011

Q&A (aka My Interview Answers)

As part of starting up our blogs, we were asked to get into pairs and ask each other a set of questions given to us already. We noted down each others answers then swapped with each other, so we had our own answers. These are the questions and my answers to them, although I go into more detail here than what my partner wrote down!


What is the title of the book (fiction) you are currently reading (or the last fiction book you read)?
I don't read books too often now (which doesn't sound so good) so if memory serves correctly, the last fiction one was "Of Mice and Men" by John Steinbeck, which I had to read for GCSE English.

What is the title/topic of the book (non-fiction) you are currently reading (or the last non-fiction book you read)?
I have been reading through "Charlie Brooker's Screen Burn" if that counts, although it is just a collection of his articles he has written for the Guardian.

What is the last live performance (music, drama or dance) you attended?
I went to see a performance of the musical "Avenue Q" earlier this year in spring when they were on their tour; I went to the performance in the Theatre Royal in Norwich. I (unfortunately) haven't been to many live performances in my life time! It was pretty good; good to see it actually being performed after hearing about it online all those years ago and thinking I'd never get a chance to see it.

What is the title of the last film you saw at the cinema/online or watched on DVD?
I went to see "The Inbetweeners Movie" at the cinema just before I left to come to university, although never having seen the show before. Once I got around to watching all the series of the show (and also because I liked the film the first time I saw it) I went to see it again when I got to university!

How often do you read a newspaper? (which one?)
I don't really read physical newspapers much. I tend to read my news online, and then not as much as I should really.

Which art gallery/museum/exhibition did you last visit?
I don't visit galleries and museums much, although the last one I visited was The National Gallery in London about a year ago now. If it counts as an exhibition, I also went to Eurogamer Expo a few weeks back; that was an experience!

How many hours a week do you spend playing video games?
I am going to say about 5 hours average but it does vary. If I get a new game I might spend a lot of time on it when I get it and then other weeks I may not play on anything at all.

How many hours a week do you spend playing games other than video games?
Probably about 1 hour average but again it varies. I don't play games other than video games much these days (although it doesn't mean I never do!)


Well there you go. Interesting, eh?

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting! The blogs are a great way for us to get to know people, and are also one way we can see how they are progressing through the course. Now that you've got the blog up and running, try not to let the process of regularly posting responses to course readings slip, or maintaining the blog may become something of a burden rather than a pleasure.

    ReplyDelete